Advantage Solutions Senior Director Finance in United States
Senior Director Finance
The Sr. Director of Finance is responsible for monitoring financial performance, forecasting event count and financial results, building financial models to evaluate business case opportunities, overseeing the P&L and managing the financial reporting within the assigned division.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
· Develop financial operating reports, such as annual plans, quarterly forecasts, periodic reviews and updates. Gather business performance data, analyze and compare it to previous periods and develop recommendations for improvement in revenue growth or resource allocation.
· Manages the division’s financial operations, including cash management, budgeting, general ledger, billing, collections, and monitoring financial performance.
· Oversee the client and supplier profitability analysis for the Sales and Operations divisions for external and internal margin optimization.
· Enhance the financial support of operations through financial analysis, contract review, ROI computations and various other metrics.
· Coordinates with the sales team on new business development and performs business case modeling and building blocks.
· Supervises Finance personnel and performance for the division.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty and function of this job.
Travel up to 10%
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred) MBA Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Public Accounting and/or CPA preferred
10+ years of related experience in finance
5+ years of supervisory experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Demonstrated in-depth expertise in/knowledge of applications of financial information systems; excellent management skills and proficient interpersonal and communications skills.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-N/A
Primary Posting Location : Address N/A
Primary Posting Location : City N/A
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-396193
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)