Advantage Solutions Business Intelligence Analyst (Remote) in United States
Business Intelligence Analyst (remote)
At Brand Connections (part of Advantage Solutions), we're leading the charge in providing connected commerce and product sampling solutions to our brand and retail clients, including innovative conversational commerce tools ("virtual advisors"), livestream selling events, online order pickup sampling and other retail sampling experiences. The Analyst will be responsible for delivering customized reporting solutions and providing business intelligence insights, to support the Brand Connections team and our clients. The primary purpose of this position is to design and develop customized analytics solutions to fit the specifications of each customer. This requires consulting with clients to understand their needs and deliver high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines. This candidate will be responsible for servicing and managing the needs of their assigned clients, serving as a strategic resource to help meet their business objectives.
2-3 years in a data mining and quantitative analysis role
Technical skills: Excel (pivot tables, formulas, macros), Powerpoint, ability to work with large amounts of data (such as EDI, IRI, POS), reporting software (Tableau, QlickView, etc), experience with ROI, LTV, Sales Lift, Sales Attribution measurement, Access SQL (preferred)
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
· Identify, gather, and write business and functional requirements by breaking features down into user stories
· Serving as the liaison between business owners and Scrum-based BI development teams
· Write ad-hoc T-SQL of a complex nature to support reporting needs
· Develop product ownership by continuing growth in understanding of BI reporting systems and interdependencies with other corporate and external systems, business processes, and data; identifying opportunities for documentation of tribal knowledge for long-term organizational ownership
· Create indexes, tables, columns, and stored procedures as needed in our database environment
· Collaborate with developers, stakeholders and subject-matter experts to establish technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
· Develop models and identify trends in support of the business using statistical analysis against data
· Implement and work with Microsoft Business Intelligence and/or Tableau tools (SQL and Excel) and dashboard reports.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 10%
Education Level: (Required): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Business, Computer Science, or equivalent job-related experience
· 5+ years of experience in with data mining and quantitative analysis
· 5+ years of experience writing complex SQL against large relational database systems, preferably
· Hands on experience with BI reporting tools such as Power BI and Tableau
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or above
· Expert skills with Microsoft Excel; ability to create pivot tables, charts, and graphs; formatting documents, formatting cells, entering and modifying complex formulas, creating and modifying basic charts and graphs, and creating and modifying Pivot Tables
· Ability to develop efficient and self- documenting solutions
· Ability to understand, analyze, and articulate both complex business and complex technical concepts
· Ability to independently read and develop in following technologies: SQL, SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS
· Ability to lead and set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines
· Experience in consumer-packaged goods industry a plus
· Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Ability to exercise sound judgment
· Ability to make oral presentations
· Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
· Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
· Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
· Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
· Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-358990
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)