Advantage Solutions Customer Development Manager Retail in St. Louis, Missouri
Customer Development Manager Retail
The Customer Development Manager Retail is responsible for developing and growing sales volume for retail clients in assigned territory, markets and regions through effective relationships with store operations personnel at the region and market level. Developing relationships with these higher level decision makers should have a positive impact on all assigned stores within a given region or market.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Customer Development Manager (CDM) is responsible for developing and growing sales volume for retail clients in assigned territory, markets and regions through effective relationships with store operations personnel at the region and market level. Developing relationships with these higher level decision makers should have a positive impact on all assigned stores within a given region or market.
The CDM works with Retail Supervisors to raise the level of effectiveness across the entire region where retail clients exist. This may include such opportunities as: planning, working retail with Retail Sales Merchandisers (RSMs), training and developing skills of RSM’s.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Meeting or exceeding POS to plan goals for assigned territory and markets
• Growing POS for retail brands by selling incremental display locations, selling the execution of plan-o-gramed locations, executing initiatives as well as maintaining in stock conditions.
• Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores, markets, and regions
• Delivering consistent market & region level contact with appropriate customer contacts
• Effectively strategic presence of the represented client brands across the store. This is accomplished in conjunction and alignment with store or market personnel so that the primary merchandising and stocking duties are done by store personnel. This collaborative relationship is developed on a mutual interest and business relationship.
Organizing and Planning
• Follows sales call standards and effectively orchestrates a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of Client and the retail customer
• Effectively manages KPI to plan objectives
• Administration/Reporting: complete accurate and timely paperwork, reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
Other related duties as assigned
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
Travel up to 40%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Click here to enter text.
Previous experience as a retail sales merchandiser or Frontline Associate 2-4 years
Completed all Sales Related Training & Certification
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
• Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines and deliver sales objectives
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-MO-St. Louis
Primary Posting Location : City St. Louis
Primary Posting Location : State/Province MO
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-351134
Position Type Full Time
Category Client Services/Account Management