Advantage Solutions Senior Scheduling Administrator in Portland, Oregon
Senior Scheduling Administrator - (Thursday - Monday)
The Scheduler Administrator is responsible for ensuring 100% workforce scheduling, staffing and coverage is in place, to execute assigned work. This position works in partnership with management to deliver high quality associates for work in their territory. The incumbent must utilize proprietary management systems, as well demonstrate strong analytic and communication skills to accomplish these tasks.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
· Manage a team of approximately 150-200 field based representatives within a geographic region by reviewing incoming manpower requests in order to evaluate true need versus customer/client request to provide for optimal execution rates in conjunction with balancing need for reschedule timeframes.
· Regularly conduct coaching sessions with Full-Time & Part-Time associates to discuss strategies for ongoing demonstration and improvement, in addition to coaching and promoting accountability.
· Maximizes the efficiency and control labor costs by using the PTS System, schedule appropriate personnel based on skill set and geography. Identify manpower shortfalls and third-party needs, seeking approval for all usage of outside resources. If third party approved, create P-net request and schedule the usage of said resources.
· Manage associates in conjunction with corresponding centers of excellence with issues regarding statutory safety and training compliance issues (Learning & Development), wage and rate issues (Compensation), associate claims and performance management (Associate Relations)
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job ; but may require up to 10% travel for special events or vendor meetings.
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Business or related field (equivalent experience will be considered where applicable)
- 2-4 years of experience in a supervisory or lead capacity, direct experience in managing remote workforce
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, and Software/Tools
Supervisory skills; to include Delegating Responsibility, Training, & Evaluating Performance
Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
Ability to Work Effectively with Management
Excellent problem-solving ability; Mathematical and analytical ability
Strong initiative and self-directed, ability to work independently with little or no supervision
Good organization, prioritizing and follow up skills
Mathematical and analytical ability
Detail-oriented with high accuracy level
Intermediate to Advanced PC skills; Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Strong communication skills
Safety: must have the ability to perform the job safely by demonstrating full awareness of his/her surroundings. Will utilize proper safety techniques and equipment use when necessary. Will be proactive in alerting Management of any unsafe act or condition to prevent injuries.
Environmental & Physical Requirements:
Office / Sedentary Requirements: Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-TX-Dallas | US-OR-Portland | US-TN-Nashville | US-OH-Cincinnati
Primary Posting Location : City Dallas
Primary Posting Location : State/Province TX
Postal Code 97207
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2022-424697
Position Type Full Time
Category Field Operations/Field Management