Advantage Solutions Sales Representative in Portland, Oregon
We are looking for dedicated sales consultants to join our team inside Costco. The Full Time Sales Representative is responsible for building a strong relationship with the customer throughout the entire sales process. You will spend time with the customer to understand how the product will be used or a problem they are trying to solve, actively engaging and asking qualifying questions, then recommend a product, demonstrating features and benefits that specifically address the customers’ needs or problem. To be successful in this role, you must continuously update knowledge of products, services, and policies.
Club Demonstration Services (CDS) is the preferred in-house sales provider to Costco. We offer the best in-store sales services in the industry, driving sales for our clients and Costco. APPLY TODAY!
The starting annual wage for Sales Reps this area is $41.6K, with a 30% incentive opportunity.
Information driven with the ability to memorize and present a product on the spot
Strong focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment
Must pass a 30-minute quiz before the start of the event
One hour of product training prior to each event
High energy and positive attitude
What We Offer:
Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, dental, vision, life)
401(K) with company match
Generous paid time off (Vacation, sick, floating holidays)
Earnable 30% performance incentive
Paid training and ongoing career development
High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Minimum 2 years sales experience
Experience selling complex items in a retail environment
Experience in low pressure sales, this is consultative selling approach
General computer skills and daily smart phone/Internet accessibility
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Brand Awareness & Sales
· Actively engage members using sales techniques to establish brand awareness and drive sales of premium products.
· Apply existing training and experience to craft a unique event experience by showcasing product features and executing an interactive demonstration.
· Consistently meet or exceed sales goals by actively educating members and adjusting approach to the individual audience.
· Deliver excellent customer service to all members; maintain a friendly positive image, attitude and professional appearance
· Generate product interest and attention by developing an effective sales pitch/presentation with or without the use of a PA system.
· Overcome member objections through application of sales concepts and demonstration of product knowledge.
Event Set-up & Breakdown
· Complete accurate and timely completion of event set-up and breakdown including assembly of displays or equipment according to warehouse protocol and provided requirements.
· Accurate reporting of inventory and ability to organize event space by following instructional materials or diagrams
· Assess and report on inventory needs; perform product replenishments.
· Other assigned tasks
· Accurately complete and timely submit HR paperwork and reports online; call reports, expense reports (if applicable), training certification quizzes, etc... Participate in mandatory on-line training and conference calls (paid).
· Attends initial training via on-line and conference call (specific date still TBD) as well as possible ongoing monthly product training, team meetings, client trainings, etc… (Paid) as a requirement.
· Participate in post event debrief and analysis to include ideas to enhance future events and increase sales.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
1+ years direct selling/event marketing experience, demonstrations, sales or retail/grocery is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Able to learn quickly and apply new skills or knowledge to continuously improve performance.
· Ability identify and respond to verbal and non-verbal ques including cultural differences and quickly adapting the message
· Maintain a professional approach and welcoming appearance
· Ability to work effectively with management
· Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
· Ability to make oral presentations
· Daily internet & email access with smartphone required
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for a minimum of 6-hours per day, Also required to travel and drive to multiple work locations on a regular basis. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-OR-Portland
Primary Posting Location : City Portland
Primary Posting Location : State/Province OR
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2020-259944
Position Type Full Time
Category Product and Event Demonstrations
Starting Wage USD $22.00/Hr.
Recruiter Contact Info 714-780-3160