Advantage Solutions Full Time Retail Sales Merchandiser in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Full Time Retail Sales Merchandiser
The freedom of a job that puts you in the driver seat…literally! Call on customers and help get premium brands on prime shelves across your regional territory. If you are interested in calling on customers (restocking, ordering, and selling up new product and displays) from an office that moves, check out this role with Advantage Solutions.
You’ll restock and upsell goods to the customers in your region,negotiating for great product real estate and building relationships with these retailer managers. As part of our winning team, you’ll receive training, competitive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package all with the opportunity for career growth.
What we offer you:
Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
401(k) with company match
Training and Career Development
Generous Paid Time-Off
Your typical day as a Full Time Retail Sales Merchandiser
Meeting or exceeding POS-to-plan goals for assigned territory and markets.
Act as Account Manager for key convenience store accounts
Expand sales of incremental display locations, maintaining in-stock
Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores, markets, and regions.
Follows sales call standards and effectively orchestrates a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of the client and retail customer.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
3-5 years previous experience managing key account in the retail or consumer packaged goods industry
Demonstrated history of building effective cross-functional relationships with stakeholders throughout the business
Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
Ensure the highest level of client services
Must display excellent analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
The Retail Sales Representative (RSR) is responsible for developing and growing sales volume for their dedicated client in their assigned territory through effective fact-based selling and relationship building with retail account’s operations personnel at store and market (district) level. Developing relationships with these key decision makers should have a positive impact on all assigned stores within a given territory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Meeting or exceeding Perfect Store KPI goals for assigned stores and territory.
• Growing POS for Mars Wrigley by selling incremental displays in hot spot locations, maintaining in aisle distribution, and delivering in stock store conditions.
• Developing and leveraging relationships with key decision makers in assigned stores and territory.
• Utilizing technology and tools to present effective fact-based selling presentations to key decision makers.
• Effectively increasing display, front end, and main aisle presence of Mars Wrigley brands. This is accomplished by close alignment with the store personnel’s key decision makers.
Organizing and Planning
• Follow team sales call standards and effectively orchestrate a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of Mars Wrigley.
• Effectively manages Perfect Store KPI’s and develops plans to meet objectives.
• Administration/Reporting- complete accurate and timely administration duties, reports, recaps, itineraries, time keeping, expense reports, etc.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 30%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level:(Required) High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
-Previous retail sales experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job Locations US-PA-Mechanicsburg | US-PA-Camp Hill | US-PA-New Cumberland | US-PA-Lemoyne | US-PA-Enola | US-PA-Highspire | US-PA-Middletown | US-PA-Harrisburg | US-PA-Hanover | US-PA-York | US-PA-Shrewsbury...
Primary Posting Location : Address 2150 Bumble Bee Hollow Rd
Primary Posting Location : City Mechanicsburg
Primary Posting Location : State/Province PA
Postal Code 17055
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-388719
Position Type Full Time