Advantage Solutions Sr Business Development Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio
Senior Business Development Manager
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking ahighly dynamic Senior Business Development Manager to be responsible for managing major sales programs and strategic planning initiatives within a specific department of the business to ensure that all sales targets are met. This position works closely with order entry, claims, schematics and retail associates to increase sales volume within a specific revenue range. This role is responsible for a total annual revenue greater than $1,000,000. This incumbent may be dedicated to servicing several significant clients or may be responsible for multiple (15 or more) clients’ goals, while also encompassing customer relations and implementation.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
401(k) with company match
Training and Career Development
Generous Paid Time-Off
Implement marketing strategies and analyze trends and results to achieve department/client income and expense budget goals.
Identify opportunities and align business unit resources to secure those opportunities.
Meet and/or exceed Client’s goals for sales, distribution, pricing, shelving and promotional volume.
Secures Client approved schematics for all Clients’ brands by providing directions and communication to our schematic, reset and retail departments.
Organize a business unit team to retain and expand upon all client relationships.
Facilitate communication, opportunities, challenges, and workflow to other team members and attend all Client meetings and reviews 30%.
Bachelor's Degree inBusinessor equivalent experience required
8 or more years of experience in applicable field
Strong sales presentation and development skills
Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
Working knowledge of syndicated data
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Revenue Budget Achievement
• Achieve P&L targets; manage business for each client(s) assigned
• Implement marketing strategies and analyze trends and results to achieve department/client income and expense budget goals
• Monitor and drive revenue growth through efficient management of promotional spending within guidelines on assigned lines; identify opportunities and align business unit resources to secure those opportunities
Client Quota Achievement
• Meet and/or exceed Client’s goals for sales, distribution, pricing, shelving and promotional volume
• Identify and provide standard available services to support the “Customer as Clients”
• Launch strategies to pursue new opportunities
Client Key Performance Indicators Achievement
• Manage and maximize manufacturer marketing/promotional funds to achieve sales goals while staying within financial guidelines
• Secures Client approved schematics for all Clients’ brands by providing directions and communication to our schematic, reset and retail departments
• Implement customer headquarter calls and penetrate key positions at retailer
Department Business Management
• Organize business unit team to retain and expand upon all client relationships
• Assist team to navigate in the larger Company organization to align needed resources and support to ensure specific client and/or customer initiative success
• Facilitate communication, opportunities, challenges, and workflow to other team members and attend all Client meetings and reviews 30%
-May hire, retain, train, coach, guide, direct and develop direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
Choose an item.
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
Driving is not an essential duty and function of this job
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job 20%
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Business
8 or more years of experience in applicable field
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong sales presentation and development skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
• Working knowledge of syndicated data
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-OH-Cincinnati
Primary Posting Location : City Cincinnati
Primary Posting Location : State/Province OH
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2020-297457
Position Type Full Time
Category Business Development