Advantage Solutions Sr. eCommerce Analyst - Remote in Boston, Massachusetts
Currently, we are looking for an eCommerce expert to help us drive growth in our eCommerce omnichannel sector and analyze consumer trends.
The Senior eCommerce Analyst is a key contributor to the client team concerning data analysis, objective attainment, and communication between the digital grocery client team, the business development team, and our clients. This role is critical in helping clients understand their results in the evolving world of eCommerce.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Business analysis to provide direction that drives the digital sales of our clients
Quantify business opportunities and critical drivers by analyzing data and providing recommendations for incremental growth
Provide information for clients, customers, and markets through data resources as available in the eCommerce landscape
Develop category mgmt. relationships with clients and the markets to better understand client needs and provide consumer insights and best practices
Proactively develop business growth opportunities from data analysis and category management insights
Assist in developing scorecards and tracking key KPIs like new items, display activity, special packs, etc
Responsible for capturing data and organizing sales stories for presentations to clients, customers, and market personnel
Coordinate with client teams and communicate key follow-up issues and objectives from our various clients
Support business development team in understanding available ePOS data and providing actionable insights for new business pitches/RFIs/RFPs
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
3-7 years of experience as an analyst
Experience in eCommerce data is required
Must have previous experience working in one or more of the following:
o Content Status
o Analytic Index
Working knowledge of Nielsen/IRI data is nice to have but not required
Retail or CPG Industry experience it is nice to have but not required
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Create and enhance customized reporting tools and dashboards/Data Analysis
· Partner with leadership to enhance the deliverables provided, identify required key push reporting and ad hoc analytics needs
· Develop tools to aid customer operations team and streamline standard reporting
· Utilize various data systems, extract raw data from reporting systems, and conduct in-depth analysis on various KPI’s
· Analyze business needs/requirements and provide recommendations to implement and administer reporting, processes, and systems
· Provide business updates and track overall business KPI’s for management and executive team
· Perform project management duties by executing project schedules and deadlines, monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems, and ensuring timely deliverables
· Manage and maintain ongoing strategic and collaborative relationships
· Work with existing clients and customers on strategic initiatives to ensure proper resources are allocated, expectations are met and optimal results delivered
· Manage expectations and results. Proactively work with other teams to communicate and foster adoption of the longer-term vision
Manage Direct Reports
· Manage, train, and mentor team to help them achieve skill development and professional objectives
· Manage workload of direct reports to ensure client satisfaction
· Ensure team thoroughly understands companies' businesses and the issues and challenges facing the industry and organization
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 20 %
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred) MBA Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Analytics, Business Administration or Marketing
- 5-8 years of experience in performing analysis a service-based business or field with database creation/management/query building experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Prior experience with Microsoft and SQL tools and applications, including business intelligence, and reporting technology computer systems and software
· Prior experience with business intelligence environments supporting complex performance analysis and consumer insights a plus
· Strong Intellectual Ability/Decision making skills
· Hands-on leader with outstanding Interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
· Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups
· Displays the ability to achieve desired results through others with positive, energetic and enthusiastic communication
· Train, delegate, coach, motivate and follow up on staff to achieve desired results
· Forecasts, sets objectives, anticipates, structures tasks, and establishes priorities
· Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
· Ability to identify performance challenges or issues and work with associates to improve/correct those issues.
· Ability to recognize opportunities for growth and improvement, and to work with associates to achieve company and personal goals
· Demonstrates commitment to meeting or exceeding customer expectations, effectively solicits and responds to the needs of the customer both external and internal
· Works cooperatively with others toward common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and contributions of other team members, cultivates positive relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and support to others
· Retail technology solutions, including reporting and analytics, category and space management and business intelligence for consumer packaged goods companies.
· Microsoft Office Suite
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-IL-Chicago | US-MA-Boston | US-CO-Denver | US-CA-Irvine | US-NY-New York
Primary Posting Location : City Chicago
Primary Posting Location : State/Province IL
Postal Code 02115
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2022-421247
Position Type Full Time
Category Client Services/Account Management